This is Ruth's blog, since that was very not readily apparent from the title. Unless I told you. If I didn't tell you, get away from here stalker.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Well I was going to write this blog post about my weekly documentary update, but then Youtube told me that Vampire Weekend was having a live concert so I'm writing about that instead because I mean woah. I'm watching it now and let me tell you it is pretty exciting to be able to watch one of your favorite bands play live without paying any money at all. I mean, I suppose you could argue that we have to pay for the internet, but that's really my parents paying for that. They're playing another new song now aaahhh! See they're doing this because they have a new album coming out, called Modern Vampires of the City, and they're released two of the songs on it already, but that's all. And now in this concert they're playing a bunch of the new songs from that album and it's really great. I don't know, everything about this is really great. Chris's (the drummer) drums are glittery and Ezra (the lead singer) gave a shout out to Ian Rubbish (Ian Rubbish is a character in an SNL skit that spoofs the punk scene in the UK).

I think it's really cool how there's all these concerts being streamed now (THEY'RE PLAYING A-PUNK NOW WOW OK EXCITING), because it really broadens the music scene up to everyone. A lot of music festivals do live streaming, like Coachella just did it a little bit ago. I think it's really great because it allows really dedicated fans a way to interact with some of their favorite bands, and feel like they're a part of the group oH HEY STEVE BUSCEMI JUST CAME OUT ONSTAGE. There's another part of this (wow now he's singing you go stevie) is that it allows for the bands to really get press out. I saw at least 20 ads for this watching Youtube today, and that really increases the chances of a person who hadn't heard about Vampire Weekend before deciding to maybe give them a chance, which is great for the band. So really it's great for everyone involved.

I should probably explain why Steve Buscemi was there. See, American Express does a lot of these streamed concerts, and they have bands pair with a famous actor who will direct the streaming thing. Although in reality I don't really know what they do, the fact that a big name actor is involved also increases awareness and could lead to more fans for the band. So again, this is really good for everyone involved. This is the link to watch it here, if you happen to be reading this on Sunday April 28th: http://www.youtube.com/americanexpressmusic
and here's a trailer for the concert since you want these posts to have videos imbedded Mr. Mayo:

No comments:

Post a Comment